Tuesday 18 November 2008

Just Say No!

One of the things I'm very bad at is saying 'no' to things, especially when they're exciting new possibilities which feed right into my ENTP desire for change and novelty. Even more so when they're (a bit) high profile. However, I am pleased (I think) to report that for the second time in recent months I have successfully said 'no' to something...
I think what it boils down to is a sense of calling. Not 'can I do this?' nor 'do I want to do this?' nor 'would it make me look good to do this?' but 'am I called to do this?'
I remember Brian Haymes once saying that some ministers go off with stress not because they are too busy but because they are too lazy... too lazy to take control of their lives... too lazy to take control of their diaries... too lazy to stand up for what they are called to do against the many voices that would load more and more and more into already pressured schedules... too lazy to sit and ask God... what actually I am called to do, at this moment?...

No comments: